Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with depositing and/or sharing certain content on a web server handled by a web hosting provider. There are different kinds of hosting services used for various aims, so let's have a glimpse at them. In that way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to establish a website, email addresses, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given companies, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages often include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely fallacious explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between independent sets of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web space hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific corporations offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a huge quantity of images with friends or acquaintances since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your e-mail box accounts. Some corporations offer site hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to keep an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will allow you to utilize as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to keep a web site. To some degree, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mails, upload video files, etc. At Angry Dog Hosting Company, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse compared to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular web content solely.